Attorney Richard B. Cole and staff have been in the same location since July 2002, helping thousands of families throughout Northern California.
Elder Law encompasses all aspects of planning, counseling, educating, and advocating for clients in the areas of aging, illness, incapacity and death. We counsel and represent older persons, and their representatives, regarding: paying for long-term care; finding ways to pay for assisted living and in-home care; and making sure that a lifetime accumulation of assets end up where the family desires, instead of being squandered on nursing homes or becoming subject to claims and liens from the State of California.
We can assist in the following areas:
- Public benefits, including Medi-Cal, Veterans Benefits, Social Security, and Medicare.
- Planning for incapacity, including surrogate decision-making, Powers of Attorney and Health Care Directives.
- Wills and Trusts – including revocable, complex estate planning, and irrevocable trusts.
- Special needs trusts (for disabled individuals).
- Probate – which is the Court supervised administration of estates.
- Abuse, neglect, or exploitation of the older person.
- Housing options, including independent living arrangements.
- Conservatorships and Guardianships.
We realize that life’s problems are at least as complex and important as death problems, particularly the problems of incapacity and the cost of quality care. We address these concerns. We find financial solutions through the Medi-Cal program for long-term care and Veteran’s Benefits for assisted living.
Please contact our office with any questions you may have.